Please read the procedure below before starting the update procedure.
- Download the latest version of software (in the form of a .zip), see "Downloads" below.
- Save and open the zip folder in a convenient location on your computer's disk drive.
- Unzip the downloaded file (usually by double-clicking).
- Then right-click on the file that has the .m3f extension and select copy.
- Make sure the unit has power. The unit does not have to be switched on.
- Connect the display unit to the computer with a Micro USB type USB cable for data transfer.
- The display unit appears as a storage device in the computer. You may need to select what action to take when the display unit is found. Select the option that opens the device in the file manager. The display should show “Installation Menu” when connected correctly.
- In file manager, right-click on the display storage device and select paste the file with the extension .m3f (previously copied).
- The display starts the update immediately. First, the display is updated. The update process can be seen in the display (0-100%). A short verification (0-100%) is then performed before the display restarts.
- After the display has restarted, it can be disconnected from the computer.
- Ensure that the display get connection to the unit via the docking station or wireless connection. The display synchronizes with the unit and evaluates the existing version in the mainboard. If two displays are used, see also point 10.
- If the mainboard in the unit has a lower version than the updated display, the display will also start updating the mainboard. The update process for "mainboard update" is shown in the display (0-100%). Then the unit will start up for normal operation.
- In some cases, when using wireless connection, the display may need to be paired again after an update. If so, continue in the section Device Pairing.
- If two displays are used and are paired with the unit, the mainboard is only updated from the master display. (has ID number 1, see under Menu/Service (1199)/Device pairing). If two displays are used, then repeat steps 2-6 for the second display.
- Verify that the downloaded version has been correctly installed on both the display and the mainboard by going to Menu/Settings/About.
- Update of display and unit is now ready.